A Treasure Valley Civil Litigation Lawyer
Life brings conflict and disagreement. Sometimes, that conflict escalates to the point of involving the court system and requires the help of an experienced civil litigator. My name is Matthew Gunn, and I am a civil litigation attorney. I founded the Law Offices of Matthew G. Gunn to advocate on behalf of my clients in and around Boise and the Treasure Valley who are dealing with conflicts that have escalated to the threat of litigation.
The Broad Umbrella Of Civil Litigation
Not all civil litigation fits neatly into a specific type of practice area, and every single case has its own unique set of facts and specific circumstances. In general, litigation requires a full skill set that includes:
- Adequately and appropriately assessing the client’s claim
- Completing written discovery and conducting an investigation into the facts of the case
- Conducting depositions and defending the client during them
- Hiring expert witnesses who will offer support in the client’s case
- Doing legal research to analyze the applicable laws
- Handling trial preparation and possible appeals
Because of the extraordinary costs involved with going to trial, settlement negotiations are usually part of any civil litigation matter. I will advocate for my clients’ best interests during any settlement negotiation, but I will always be fully prepared to go to trial should settlement negotiations fail to meet my clients’ best interests.
An Experienced Civil Litigation Attorney Who Will Advocate For You
- Successfully settled a lawsuit that involved false credit reporting
- Successfully defended high-value claims involving noncompetition, nonsolicitation and confidentiality agreements
- Successfully litigated a negligent adoption case
- Successfully defended a school district in a special education case
- Successfully resolved a high-value partnership dissolution involving patented technology
No matter what type of conflict you are facing, I have extensive knowledge and experience in all facets of the civil litigation process to assist you should your conflict arise to that level. I am ready to assist in your next lawsuit.
Call Today For A Free Consultation
I offer a free initial consultation so that I can better understand the type of conflict you are dealing with. To schedule your appointment and case evaluation, call my office at 208-472-8834 or send an email through my website. I look forward to answering your questions and telling you more about how I can help you with your case.